Friday 27 June 2008

My First Pub dinner


We went out with friends tonight from the fire department and the Hazmat trailer trainer dude, Matt from Huston, Texas. He came out here to train the guys on the new trailer.

I had Scampi and Chips (Fries) and Kimo had Fish and Chips. It was about a $80.00 dinner if you include the parking ticket I got for parking on the footpath (sidewalk). Paul got one too. He's a local and I parked like all the other locals and look what it got me. Brit Police allow you to stop anywhere on the road and park there as long as there isn't a no parking sign. It's super crazy, seriously you don't even know how crazy it is. So since I didn't want to take up the whole road and get hit..........................I got a 30 british pound parking ticket! Sweet! I'm sure it didn't help that I still have Idaho plates on my car so I stick out like a sore thumb. People always notice our Subaru too because I think its the only one in all of England so we always have people stopping to inspect our car.

No comments: